Why Do You Need Boat Insurance in Arizona?
While you may not have to have boat insurance in Arizona, it’s a good idea to have it in order to protect your investment and give you financial security.
Different Coverage Options for Boat Insurance
You can determine how much boat coverage you need with an agent at AZ Insurance Group, but there are some things you should consider.
- Agreed value coverage will give you a better return for your boat than actual cash value if your boat is a total loss.
- Liability insurance will provide coverage to you in the event you are at fault for an accident on the water. This type of coverage can help replace property or pay for medical care for injuries as a result of the boating accident.
- Comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damages to your boat from an accident or other events, such as wind damage or fire.
- Medical payments coverage can pay for the cost of medical care that results from injuries sustained in a boating accident. This coverage can vary in limits and will cover you, passengers, and water skiers regardless of who is at fault for the accident.
- Uninsured/underinsured bodily injury insurance will cover you if you are hit by a boater who doesn't have insurance or one who doesn’t have enough insurance. This coverage can pay for medical treatment and lost wages.
- Fuel spill liability will cover you if your boat sinks or is damaged, and it leaks either oil or fuel into the water. As a boat owner, you are required by law to have this cleaned up, and it can be expensive.
- Personal effects coverage can provide coverage for personal property on board, such as sporting equipment, fishing equipment, and scuba and snorkeling gear.
- Unattached equipment coverage can pay to replace or repair equipment that isn’t attached to the boat but is designed for use on the boat. This includes lifesaving equipment, fire extinguishers, and water skis.
Contact AZ Insurance Group to get a quote on boat insurance.